We collect information from insurance application forms and/or claims form as well as over the telephone or email when you contact us or we contact you. We will only collect information about you for the necessary and legal purpose of considering and assessing your application for an insurance product, administering your policy or assessing your claim. When you give us your contact details you agree to us contacting you in relation to promoting our products and services, assessing your application and administering your policy or claim.
Generally we collect personal and sensitive information directly from you. We may also collect your basic contact information from a third party, such as an adviser, a list provider, and sometimes collect your personal and sensitive information from other third parties, such as your medical practitioner (in the event of a claim). If we are unable to collect the information we need to process an application or assess a claim, then the application cannot be accepted and a claim may not be paid.
If you are unsure where we first obtained your contact information, you may ask us to provide the source of that information.
We may also collect information about you when you utilise our website to get a quote for cover or request information on a product or service.
When you complete an application for one of our life insurance products or for another life insurance provider, you are consenting to us providing some or all of the information we collect from you to third parties including:
- the insurer and any related organisation in order to assess your policy application and administer your policy or assess any claim under your policy,
- organisations to which we outsource customer service or information technology in order to process your application,
- organisations which provide research, analysis or other related services,
- investigators, health professionals, lawyers, accountants, your adviser (if applicable), other insurers or reinsurers – in order to assess your application or claim,
- the financial institutions you nominate in your application for the collection of your premium, or
- in the event of your death or incapacity, a life insured or nominated beneficiary named on your policy, or the Trustee of your estate, or your adviser (if applicable), or
- government regulatory bodies – if required by law.
Your personal information is stored in Australia and the parties we deal with are Australian.
We strive to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and complete. You should contact us as soon as possible if your personal information needs correction or has changed, especially contact information such as your address, telephone or email.
Subject to the above, we will change any incorrect personal information within 30 days of receiving eligible notification.
In doing this we may provide personal information (but not sensitive information) about you to our service providers. We have strict confidentiality arrangements with any service provider we utilise for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive information on other products or services offered by We Protect please contact us.
- Phone 1300 773 773 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST)
- Email email@example.com
- Mail The Privacy Officer, We Protect, PO Box 1192, Chatswood, NSW 2057
'Sensitive information’ relates to a person’s; state of health, medical history, occupational duties, pastimes, racial or ethnic origin, financial, tax and credit status, membership of political bodies, religions or trade unions, sexual preferences and criminal record. Sensitive information is usually needed for life insurance applications and to manage claims. The way we use some sensitive information, such as tax information is governed by law.